Generally known as Badoney, there was a congregation in existence here by 1659 and was served by ministers from Ardstraw and Cappagh. The church is located in Droit townland. An early minister, REV. JOHN ROWAT is recorded as one of the eight Presbyterian ministers in Derry City during the Seige (1689). Another minister, the REV. JOSEPH COULTER (called from Monaghan in 1768 and remained at Badoney until his death in 1789) is remembered for overturning the drinking booths (stalls) that had been set up on the meeting house green on Communion Sabbaths.
Extracted from the Tyrone Constitution, Omagh, August 22, 1845
OPENING OF DROIT PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH – On last Sabbath the new Presbyterian Church of Droit, of which the REV. MR. JOHNSTON is the minister, was opened by the REV. RICHARD DILL, of Dublin, who preached an eloquent and most impressive sermon on the occasion of the unity of the church, from Romans xii 4 – 8. The congregation was very large and respectable, and the services highly interesting. The collection and the proceeds resulting from the sale of tickets amounted to upwards of £60. The collectors on the occasion were JAMES REED of Gortin, Esq., JAMES GREER of Omagh, Esq., JAMES HERDMAN of Sion Mills, Esq., REV. MR. LOGAN, of Gortin, JAMES WALKER of Kilstroll, Esq., and SAMUEL JACK of Lisnarrow, Esq. The Church is beautifully situated and very tastefully built, reflecting great credit on the members of the congregation and on their respected minister, Mr. Johnston. It has been built solely by themselves, and the collection raised will leave the debt very trifling.